- S. Huang, and J. Yang, “Impacts of vegetation on hyporheic exchange,” Geophysical Research Letters, 2022. (in revision, Preprint: https://doi.org/10.1002/essoar.10511085.1 )
- K. Tomaska, S. Nguyen, W. Wei, and J. Yang, “Suspended Clay Inhibits the Growth of Harmful Algal Bloom-forming Freshwater Cyanobacteria Through Physical Interactions,” 2022 （in preparation).
- W. Wei, and J. Yang, “Impacts of hydrodynamic conditions and surface roughness on the critical conditions and thickness of Pseudomonas putida biofilm development,” 2022. (in preparation)
- Y. Li, J. Sanfilippo, D. Kearns, and J. Yang, “Biosurfactant-driven corner flows and bacterial spreading induced by soil bacteria Pseudomonas fluorescens and Bacillus subtilis,” 2022. (in preparation)
- J. San Juan, and J. Yang, “Effects of gelation and salinity on the threshold and memory effect of cohesive sediment transport,” 2022. (in preparation)
- Yang, J. Q., J. Sanfilippo, N. Abbasi, Z. Gitai, B. Bassler, and H. Stone (2021), “ Evidence for biosurfactant induced flow in corners and bacterial spreading in unsaturated porous media”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 118, e2111060118.
- Yang, J. Q., X. Zhang, I. C. Bourg, and H. A. Stone (2021), “4D imaging reveals mechanisms of clay carbon protection and release". Nature Communications, 12, 622.
- Highlighted in more than 10 news Media: "Carbon-chomping soil bacteria may pose hidden climate risk"
- Interviewed by The Counter: "We’re told that healthy soil sequesters huge amounts of carbon from the atmosphere. Scientists are finding that’s not always the case."
- Mentioned in Quanta Magazine: "A Soil-Science Revolution Upends Plans to Fight Climate Change."
- Yang, J. Q., and H. M. Nepf (2019), “Impacts of vegetation on bed load transport rate and bedform characteristics”, Water Resources Research, 55.
- Yang, J.Q., and H.M Nepf (2018), "A turbulence‐based bed‐load transport model for bare and vegetated channels", Geophys. Res. Lett., 45.
- Yang, J. Q., C. Hayoon, and H. M. Nepf (2016), “The onset of sediment transport in vegetated channels predicted by turbulent kinetic energy”. Geophys. Res. Lett. , 43 , 11,261–11,268.
- Yang, J.Q., F. Kerger, and H.M. Nepf (2015), “Estimation of the bed shear stress in vegetated and bare channels”. Water Resources Research, 51, 3647-3663.
- Kinsey, J.C., Q. Yang, and J.C. Howland (2014). “Nonlinear Dynamic Model-Based State Estimators for Underwater Navigation of Remotely Operated Vehicles”. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 22(5), 1845-1854.